Prompt: In Fences, the fence is a physical object, but it can also represent the emotional or personal barriers people create. Think about a “fence” you have built in your own life. What were you trying to keep out or protect yourself from? Did that fence help you or hold you back? Explain.

 Prompt Response: One fence I have built in my life was from my middle school friends. During my time at St. Thomas More, I became really close with a group of people. Now however, I don't talk to them because I don't think they like me. I hung out with them about a month ago and every time I tried to talk to them, they would just ignore me. This made me feel sad and annoyed because I had taken time out of my day to hang out with them and they treated me poorly. 

Summary: Today we read the first act in Fences by August Wilson.

Reflection: Looking back, I can see that I have made many fences.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about a time when you realized you needed to look out for yourself in a silly or harmless situation—maybe dodging a pop quiz, escaping a group chat argument, or remembering at the last second to submit an assignment. How did choosing wisely make your life easier?

Prompt: Choose a vocabulary word that resonates with you personally. Write a blog post explaining why this word is significant to you, including any personal memories or experiences that link you to the word.

After reading “Out, Out—” by Robert Frost, reflect on a time when you faced a dangerous or high-pressure situation that demanded your complete focus. What made the situation risky, and how did your concentration affect the outcome?