In Scene 4, Troy explains his beliefs about his responsibilities as a father. Beyond providing food, clothing, and shelter, what do you believe a parent owes their child emotionally? Should love, encouragement, friendship, and support be expected, or are those things separate from a parent’s responsibilities? Explain your perspective.

 Prompt Response: I believe that a parent owes their kids emotional support. They should love them, listen to them, and encourage them. I don't agree with Troy's views on parenting because he thinks that all he has to do is provide for his kids. I think that Troy should be a better father and show more love to his kid.

Summary: Today we read the book "Fences."

Reflection: I learned more about parenting and how some people's parents aren't their for their children when they need emotional support. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about a time when you realized you needed to look out for yourself in a silly or harmless situation—maybe dodging a pop quiz, escaping a group chat argument, or remembering at the last second to submit an assignment. How did choosing wisely make your life easier?

Prompt: Choose a vocabulary word that resonates with you personally. Write a blog post explaining why this word is significant to you, including any personal memories or experiences that link you to the word.

After reading “Out, Out—” by Robert Frost, reflect on a time when you faced a dangerous or high-pressure situation that demanded your complete focus. What made the situation risky, and how did your concentration affect the outcome?