Prompt: Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

 Prompt Response: One time I was making food while I was on a FaceTime call. I showed the person that I was making some grilled chicken. My friend proceeded to say because I was white the chicken was going to be bland and that I would probably boil it. This made me realize that some people are just in the world being mean so I dropped my friend. Now I have good friends who I treat with respect and who treat me with respect.

Summary: Today we wrote down different stereotypes about different ethnic groups.

Reflection: I learned how certain people feel about the stereotype of their culture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about a time when you realized you needed to look out for yourself in a silly or harmless situation—maybe dodging a pop quiz, escaping a group chat argument, or remembering at the last second to submit an assignment. How did choosing wisely make your life easier?

Prompt: Choose a vocabulary word that resonates with you personally. Write a blog post explaining why this word is significant to you, including any personal memories or experiences that link you to the word.

After reading “Out, Out—” by Robert Frost, reflect on a time when you faced a dangerous or high-pressure situation that demanded your complete focus. What made the situation risky, and how did your concentration affect the outcome?