Prompt: Think about the different people, cultures, experiences, communities, interests, and traditions that have shaped who you are. What parts of your identity have had the greatest influence on the person you are today? Have you ever felt pressure to change, hide, or emphasize a part of yourself in order to fit in?

 Prompt Response: I think that my culture has been heavily influenced by the basketball community. I see things in different ways than I would if I played baseball or another sport. Also certain experiences such as being brought up in a White family household has shaped my culture and the way I act. A part of my identity that influences the person I am today is my athletic ability. This is because I am always exercising and doing athletic things.

Summary: Today we read and talked about a poem called "A Korean Dream."

Reflection: I learned some good lessons from reading this poem and I will use these lessons and values in my daily life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about a time when you realized you needed to look out for yourself in a silly or harmless situation—maybe dodging a pop quiz, escaping a group chat argument, or remembering at the last second to submit an assignment. How did choosing wisely make your life easier?

Prompt: Choose a vocabulary word that resonates with you personally. Write a blog post explaining why this word is significant to you, including any personal memories or experiences that link you to the word.