Prompt: Describe a meaningful family tradition unique to your culture and explain how it mirrors or contrasts with the cultural identity themes of expectations.

 Prompt Response: One meaningful family tradition that is unique to me is that I go to my grandparents house in Scotland and we have a large family dinner. It mirrors with the cultural identity of being with family and having values of loyalty and family bonding. I have dinner with my immediate family as well as my cousins and my grandparents. I love spending time with them because I can connect with my British side of my family.

Summary: We learned about people's names and what culture is.

Reflection: I learned that culture is a large part of our lives. Everything that you do belongs in some culture and especially in my life, there are many cultures prevalent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about a time when you realized you needed to look out for yourself in a silly or harmless situation—maybe dodging a pop quiz, escaping a group chat argument, or remembering at the last second to submit an assignment. How did choosing wisely make your life easier?

Prompt: Choose a vocabulary word that resonates with you personally. Write a blog post explaining why this word is significant to you, including any personal memories or experiences that link you to the word.