Prompt: Describe a meaningful family tradition unique to your culture and explain how it mirrors or contrasts with the cultural identity themes of expectations.

 Prompt Response: One meaningful family tradition that is unique to me is that I go to my grandparents house in Scotland and we have a large family dinner. It mirrors with the cultural identity of being with family and having values of loyalty and family bonding. I have dinner with my immediate family as well as my cousins and my grandparents. I love spending time with them because I can connect with my British side of my family.

Summary: We learned about people's names and what culture is.

Reflection: I learned that culture is a large part of our lives. Everything that you do belongs in some culture and especially in my life, there are many cultures prevalent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about a time when you realized you needed to look out for yourself in a silly or harmless situation—maybe dodging a pop quiz, escaping a group chat argument, or remembering at the last second to submit an assignment. How did choosing wisely make your life easier?

Prompt: Choose a vocabulary word that resonates with you personally. Write a blog post explaining why this word is significant to you, including any personal memories or experiences that link you to the word.

After reading “Out, Out—” by Robert Frost, reflect on a time when you faced a dangerous or high-pressure situation that demanded your complete focus. What made the situation risky, and how did your concentration affect the outcome?