Judith Ortiz Cofer says, “The Island travels with you.” What part of your culture, family, or identity do you feel “travels” with you everywhere you go?

 Prompt Response: I feel that my cultural identity of loyalty travels with me. I always side with my family and I feel that my responsibility is to make sure that I always have their back. Also I try to be kind to everyone in hope that people are nice to me as well. When I travel to different places, I try to use good manners when I go out and meet new people.

Summary: Today we read a CommonLit about understanding different perspectives of a story.

Reflection: I learned to try to see everyone's side of the story. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about a time when you realized you needed to look out for yourself in a silly or harmless situation—maybe dodging a pop quiz, escaping a group chat argument, or remembering at the last second to submit an assignment. How did choosing wisely make your life easier?

Prompt: Choose a vocabulary word that resonates with you personally. Write a blog post explaining why this word is significant to you, including any personal memories or experiences that link you to the word.

After reading “Out, Out—” by Robert Frost, reflect on a time when you faced a dangerous or high-pressure situation that demanded your complete focus. What made the situation risky, and how did your concentration affect the outcome?