Prompt: The last scene forces readers to reinterpret Emily’s entire life. Write about a moment when new information changed your perception of a person or situation. How did that “plot twist” reshape your understanding, the same way Faulkner’s ending reshapes the story?

 Prompt Response: I had a friend who I was cool with during freshman year. At some point during freshman year, he began smoking and I didn't know about it. He kept it a secret until one day someone told me that he was smoking. My whole perception of that person completely changed. Before I was cool with the guy and hung out with him. But when I found out, I didn't want to hang out as much. I'm not a fan of smoking.

Summary: During my freshman year, I was friends with someone until I found out that they smoked.

Reflection: I don't want to be around people who smoke.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about a time when you realized you needed to look out for yourself in a silly or harmless situation—maybe dodging a pop quiz, escaping a group chat argument, or remembering at the last second to submit an assignment. How did choosing wisely make your life easier?

Prompt: Choose a vocabulary word that resonates with you personally. Write a blog post explaining why this word is significant to you, including any personal memories or experiences that link you to the word.

After reading “Out, Out—” by Robert Frost, reflect on a time when you faced a dangerous or high-pressure situation that demanded your complete focus. What made the situation risky, and how did your concentration affect the outcome?